Monday, September 07, 2009

death in the family

Minutes before I was even supposed to go back home, my sis-in-law called to say that, "Grandpa's gone..."

Given the fact that I've been feeling a tad more sensitive since my pregnancy, I actually cried all the way from the office and in the cab ride home.

Worse luck was when I got a really chirpy driver. I love chirpy drivers but not that moment, la... He eventually shut up after a while, when he realised that my replies were more curt than they were friendly.

Thankfully the tears dried up as I got home. Grandma looked fine. Mighty fine, in fact. For someone who had just lost her husband.

*Salute!*

I soon realised that that despite some gloom, the mood was more positive that it should have been. Positivity that stemmed from relief, that the old man, who had been bed-ridden since the past year need not have to suffer no more.

Come to think of it, my mother-in-law lost both her parents in a single year... Poor her.

And due to his funeral, I finally managed to really bond with my hubby's side, many thanks to the tahlil held over the 2 days that weekend. It was a beautiful experience, being able to perform jemaah prayers together as a family. And for that, I can never be more grateful.

...Semoga Allah mencucuri Rahmat ke atas roh-nya. Al-Fatihah.

No comments: