Sunday, May 25, 2008

ayat-ayat cinta

post Ayat-Ayat Cinta

Yesterday must have been the first time in many, many years that my mum finally entered a cinema.

I can sense the excitement in her. Felt kinda' bad that I've never thought of doing this before.


Anyway....

There's something about that movie.

I just-can't-get-it-out-of-my-head!

Even when meeting my cousins at a wedding reception yesterday, I always came back to the topic of what happened in the movie, despite us discussing about something VERY much different already.





Frankly, the storyline is a tad cliche. But I adore the cinematography, the sound effects and OSTs. Despite it being more or less like other Indo movies, the location that it's set in kinda' makes all the difference. Like more exotic, liddat.

And last night, I woke up at almost 4am and almost instantly, scenes from that movie came flooding into my mind. Somehow, it seemed that sleep had given me some solace from thinking about the movie.

This has happened before. Last time it occured was after I watched a certain Korean movie. How this fad will be another passing phase. And it better fade soon!


I must have been so haunted by the chemistry between Rianti Cartwright & Fedy Nuril, in their portrayal as the husband and wife.

It-seemed-so-real...!








Could be due to that gorgeous setting for their wedding.

Such a dream...!











Or maybe it's just the actor, Fedi Nuril.

He had looked so blah! in his other movie/drama.

But here, he was all charms.

Yes, I was smitten! Just like all the other female characters in the movie.



Anyway, I guess I'm not the only one. I recommended that my cousins watch this and they eventually did.

And they sure are raving bout' it now. *evil laugh*

No comments: