Saturday, January 20, 2007

hola! i'm back

...literally.

Many things happen the past fortnight. I reeled so far back and I'm making my way back on track.

A major change in my life sees my grandma moving in with my family for good. Not that I'm complaining but I remember the anxiety a week back. I've never liked changes and I don't know what to expect from this one. At one point, I even contemplate seeking for a bigger flat. We don't have that much space here for the (now) 5 of us.

But my block may be going thru' en-bloc in a few years time and I've been told that it'll be such a waste to move out now. My bro had mumbled about renting a room somewhere and somehow, that kinda' affect me. I mean at one point, we've been trying to figure out where to relocate his games console. Right when he was so into his games. Imagine his frustration.

And my grandma, well, given her state, she can't do much, whether she like it or not. But she doesn't relent when it comes getting her food cravings. One moment, she asked for goreng pisang (banana fritters), then it's satay, young coconut, putu piring. One point she requested for sambal goreng and my dad got his elder sis to cook for us and had it sent all the way from Jurong. One time, she asked for mee goreng and my bro and I rushed to get her just that. And she ate only a tiny portion of those.

And just now, she remarked that she can smell durians from the bazaar in front of my block.. *hint hint*.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not griping here. My experience with my late great-grandma had been much worse. This is nothing much, I guess. Both ladies had been fiercely independent and it sure ain't easy for them to live with our family. I believe tolerance will eventually lead to acceptance. Then it's harmony.

I can only hope for the best.

No comments: