Wednesday, July 19, 2006

car parking menace

car parking menace

I ask you huh, just how many times have you discovered, as you come to your car in the car park; that the car beside you had parked wayyyyyy too close. Especially from the left side (where THEIR driver seat is).

EVEN in my own housing estate (not just the shopping centres, ok?). When I parked my car, everyone's well-spaced out. The next time I wanna drive out, some idiot would have took over the lot next to mine, and that idiot ought to be kicked back into driving school, I tell you. Haphazard parking - SLANTED or worse, TOO CLOSE to one car and too far from the other...

I've had MANY encounters when the idiots parked sooo senget that some of my car doors can't be opened due to the space constraint. If the passenger car door can't be opened, I dun mind. I can drive out and let my passengers get in later. But if the door that can't be opened is the DRIVER'S DOOR, you tell me..??! A couple of times, I had to get to the driver's seat FROM THE PASSENGER'S SIDE. Urrgh!

And then, the even bigger issue. After parking too close, they opened their door like nobody's business and BANGED into your car and caused DENTS in the process. ON YOUR CAR. BLARDEE HELL, I tell you! I stick on custom rubber-pads on my cars doors just so I won't dent someone's car should I accidentally banged my door when opening & I even make an effort to open my car door slowly should the next car be a tad close. Why can't some IDIOTS be as considerate???

I only 'inspect' my car once a while and one time I notice this OBVIOUS-LOOKING DENT and it even have bits of red paint on it. The car next to me (wasn't there when I parked) was a tad close and the colour of the car? Yes, RED! I did not want to blindly accuse the other car to be the culprit but the tinge of red is pretty similar. The dark, blood-red type. Not the common, bright chilli-red. And yesterday, the car beside mine was replaced with a pick-up truck whick parked OUT OF ITS LOT AND INTO MINE. And I checked the part where, it's driver's door might come in contact with my car. True enough, there's an ominous scratch. Aaargh!!
I check the other side of the truck. It was wayyyyyy far from the other lot, ok?
Double aargh!!

I don't care. I'm gonna get the side strip to protect my car surface from these blatant idiots. Yeah, it's my own expense but I dun care. But thing is, it may prevent the OTHER CAR doors from banging directly into mine but I ain't too sure bout those pick-up trucks, though! Grrr...

2 comments:

Hussaini Amran said...

Even owning a car has its own risks. Life's like that...

mkia said...

ya.. I guess I have to take things in stride. Part and parcel of life. At least it's just a car. We neva know how we could have treated other people...

I should just learn to take a deep breath and count to 10. That should help with the frustration. heh.