Friday, November 18, 2005

Aiyo

Aiyo, Aiyo!!

Boy am I glad that my boss is away!

Imagine this sight: My left left propped on another chair while I'm struggling to to figure out how to draft this image on this huge-ass A0 paper. My idea of getting orund the office would preferably be rolling around in these 2 office chairs (1 for me, 1 for my left leg)...

********
Last nite, my parents & I went to Tini's hse. We later rushed home cos' someone's coming for visiting. Tini came by later.

As always the both of us chatted till late (almost 2330hrs) and I offered to send her home. My house is on the 10th flr. The lifts stop at the 9th. On the way to the lift lobby, I received an SMS. I checked it. I went down the stairs. Tini was ahead, already at the lift lobby.

I suddenly felt like I was stepping on empty air. You know, like nothing-under-your-feet kind of feeling? Next thing I knew, I lay crumpled at the bottom of the stairs. And I was hugging my handphone all the way. Holding it close to my chest. Protecting it.

While it's the cause of me tumbling down those steps!! Sheesh!!!

Ok... Ok... shouldn't blame anyone but myself... I mean, I can't blame those steps, right? It's not like they gave way under my feet. And I can simply check the message when I reached the lift lobby. It's not like the handphone chose to have an SMS coming in while I was going down the stairs... Geez!

I got my bro to assist me back home. Applied a cold pack to minimise the swelling on that sprained ankle while watching Bram Stoker's Dracula on cable (that show's cheesy, by the way and Keanu is hot! Oh, Kiera Knightley looks a lot like Winona, huh?).

Talking bout' icing, here's what u can do when encountering a similar mishap (courtesy of orthopedics.about.com) :

1. Get the ice on quickly.
Icing is most effective in the immediate period following an injury. The effect of icing diminishes significantly after about 48 hours.
2. Perform an 'ice massage'.
Apply ice directly to the injury. Move the ice frequently, not allowing it to sit in one spot.
3. Don't forget to elevate.
Keep the injured body part elevated above the heart while icing-this will further help reduce swelling.
4. Watch the clock!
Ice for 15-20 minutes, NEVER LONGER. You can do more damage to the tissues, including frostbite, by icing for too long.
5. Allow time between treatments.
Allow area to warm for at least 45 minutes or an hour before beginning the icing routine again.
6. Repeat as desired. Ice as frequently as you wish, so long as the area is warm to touch and has normal sensation before repeating.
----------------

...Not supposed to ice for more than 20 mins... Hmm... I iced my ankle all the way till' the movie ended! When the cold pack became limp after it lost its cold, I used REAL ice to reduce the swelling....

Frostbite?! Did they say frostbite??

No comments: