Thursday, January 20, 2005


HERE'S WISHING ALL MUSLIMS, SALAM AIDIL ADHA or SELAMAT HARI RAYA HAJI

And for myself... Happy Birthday!

Those who know me as a Libran (whatever!), before you wanna label me a blardee liar, let me justify this. That specific date in September, is my birthdate according to the Masehi calendar. However, a certain number of years ago, exactly on Aidil Adha a.k.a 10 Zulhijjah, my mum was rushed to KK Hospital. Gettit?

Yep, I was born on Hari Raya Haji itself. So my family traditionally celebrate my birthday according to the Muslim/Hijrah calendar. It's fun to celebrate 2 birthdays in a year. Though it's generally low-key, I still feel honoured to know that I was born on such a holy day (not holiday!).

Heh.

Trivia: My mum told my dad to name me, Siti Nur Adha. My dad, either he had hearing problems or that he had ideas of his own, named me something else. Gasak, lah. Just that whenever I went to Indonesia, selalu kena tegur, whenever they check my passport. Nama symbolic sangat....

No comments: